What you can expect to pay for dental implants in Puyallup
A major factor when choosing dental implant treatment to replace missing teeth in Puyallup is the cost. How much should you expect to pay? What are your options and is there any way you can lower the cost of treatment? It is understandable that unknown costs will be an obstacle for people seeking this type of dentistry. It is true that dental implants are an investment of both money and time. However, there are a number of factors that influence the cost of treatment and also that make dental implants a suitable choice for replacing your missing teeth in the long term.
There is no ‘one price’ for dental implants in Puyallup
If you ask an implant dentist how much a dental implant costs, you will likely get the reply: ‘it depends’. This isn’t your dentist avoiding the question; the truth is, it depends on the type and amount of implant used, the prosthetic, any preparatory work and the quality of treatment. The cost can only be calculated once your dentist has assessed your individual smile, bone condition and oral health. You should beware that general dentists offering a single price for treatment – although not always the case – can be a sign of a lack of expertise in the placement or hidden costs along the way. When it comes to choosing the right dentist for your dental implants, you should look for a dentist you can trust, who has the training, experience and expertise needed to give you the absolute best results.
There are many factors that influence the cost of dental implants
This includes but is not limited to:
- The dental implant and prosthetic – implants can vary widely in cost. There is the cost of the implant hardware and also the abutment and prosthetic components. It’s important to note that what may seem like a higher cost implant is often a higher quality implant. Choosing a dentist who uses the most sophisticated dental implants on the market, with the latest dental technology, can speed up the healing process and increase the lifespan of the implant. Equally choosing an implant dentist that uses 3D software to create the highest quality, natural looking prosthetics is an investment into your smile.
- The number of teeth to be replaced – this doesn’t always mean that a single implant is necessarily a great deal cheaper than a full arch reconstruction, but depending on the time, complexity and number of implants to be placed, the cost will vary.
- Preparatory treatment – you may just need a single tooth replaced. However, this may be a site where the tooth has been missing for a number of years and the bone has atrophied. You may need a bone graft before you can place an implant, to increase the likelihood of success. You may also need a gum tissue graft to ensure the tooth looks natural and aesthetically pleasing. If this is needed, the cost of treatment will naturally be affected.
There’s more than you think included in the cost of dental implants in Puyallup
When you are making the decision to proceed with dental implant treatment to restore your smile, it is important to fully understand what is included in the cost. At South Hill Dental, when you invest in dental implants, you are investing in a high quality treatment performed by a highly skilled and experienced dentist and team.
Dental implants at South Hill Dental are an investment in:
- State-of-the-art treatment facilities and dental implants – we have chosen our dental implant providers carefully, believing them to be the absolute best in the market. We do this so our patients get the best care possible. For this reason, we are continually investing into the latest diagnostic equipment to plan and deliver treatment – from innovative treatment planning software to state-of-the-art anesthesia equipment is electronic, to give you, the patient, a comfortable environment during surgery.
- Dental implant training and experience – choosing an experienced dentist, like our team at South Hill Dental, means you are getting a clinician who has the skills and expertise to deal to place your implants. This level of expertise can mean the difference between the implant being successful or not.
- Aftercare and maintenance of your dental implants – many patients falsely assume that once a dental implant is placed, that no aftercare needed. While caring for your implants is straightforward, it is important to keep on top of hygiene and maintenance around the implant site. At South Hill Dental we understand that patients need regular check-ups to ensure the implant remains healthy. We also ask our hygienists to demonstrate the best way to care for your dental implants at home, to avoid the build-up of bacteria and plaque. If you don’t care for your implants, this can lead to peri-implantitis, which is the most common reason dental implants fail.
- A bespoke treatment with accurate costs – using state-of-the-art technology and treatment planning software, our team at South Hill Dental can give you an accurate fully costed treatment plan before you commit to treatment. You can discuss options for treatment and choose the right plan for your budget and lifestyle.
We don’t have hidden extra costs in dental implant treatment
One of the main concerns we hear from prospective patients is about hidden costs or getting part way through treatment and being told they need to pay more to achieve the desired end result. When this happens, this is because your implant dentist hasn’t planned the treatment thoroughly from the start. At South Hill Dental we use innovative planning software to create a 3D image of your teeth, jaws and face. This allows our dentists to plan implant placement with greater precision and accuracy before the surgery. It also enables our team to see if there is preparatory work needed in advance of implant placement, such as bone grafts.
We give our patients an accurate and bespoke treatment plan that has a full breakdown of costs of treatment. There are no hidden extras along the way so you can plan and budget effectively.
There are payment and insurance options if you need this treatment
At South Hill Dental we understand that not every patient who chooses dental implants can pay in full at the start of treatment. It is true that dental implants are an investment, and as such, getting dental implants instead of a removable denture can incur a greater upfront cost.
There are some options you can consider when it comes to cost:
- Fixed dentures can be a more affordable choice for a full arch – this is a cost effective option whereby a smaller number of implants are placed to anchor a prosthetic bridge or full arch.
- Finding out if your insurance covers dental implants – most of the dental insurance carriers that we work with do not cover dental implants, but it is worth finding out more from our support staff about your insurance plan before deciding on your treatment.
- Arranging a payment plan – if you are unable to pay for your treatment upfront, you may be able to arrange a payment plan. Our support staff are available to discuss this with you and answer any questions you might have.
Making any decision is always easier if you have all of the facts you need to make an informed choice. You’ll never know the cost of your treatment unless you get an assessment and receive your bespoke, detailed treatment plan. Until that point you’ll only be guessing. So it’s worth finding out and getting all the facts before you decide on whether dental implants is the right choice for you.
At South Hill Dental we want to make this possible for our patients. That’s why we are offering a FREE Dental Implant Consultation. You can find out more, assess your suitability for dental implant treatment and get a bespoke treatment plan for your individual smile – all before committing to treatment.